Supercharge your school fundraising
Rocket Fund is a crowdfunding platform for schools.
So far we have helped 230 schools raise over £200,000.
Start creating your project here.
What we do
Rocket Fund modernises school fundraising, empowering schools to raise money from businesses and their community more efficiently. We provide support through the whole process, from pitch creation, to fundraising, to sourcing the best suppliers for schools to buy from when they hit their target.
- It's free, quick and easy to use
- It's far more efficient than a bake sale! (Although we love cake, so keep doing those too!)
- We have match funding available for school tech projects (see our homepage for latest offers)
How it works for schools
- You create a pitch describing what you want to buy
- You share it with your contacts and community
- People donate
- You hit your target (woohoo!) we collect the donations and send them to your school / PTA
- You send thanks to donors and review the products to help other teachers in the future
A Rocket Fund story
Here is a short video about Mr. Lewis's fundraising experience and the impact it had on his school.
Want to get involved?
Great! Start creating a project here. We'll support you through the whole process.
Want to get our newsletter?
Sign up here to stay in touch and receive updates on the latest funding opportunities.
How it works for Donors
- You find a project you want to support: Find a project that inspires you and give as little as £1.
- School's purchase the items: When a project is funded, we send the money directly to the school so they can buy what they wanted.
- Teachers thank you: Teachers & students send you thanks and an update on the impact you've had.
To ensure integrity, we're there through every step of the process. We vet all projects, collect all donations and send money directly to verified schools.
Here is a map of all schools who have launched fundraising projects on Rocket Fund so far.
"An amazingly simple way to fund new equipment for schools."
- Ms. Brown, Ladysmith Infant and Nursery School
"I recommend Rocket Fund to anybody looking to bring a new dimension to fundraising in their school. Their support was invaluable and I can't believe how quickly we managed to reach our goal!"
- Ms. Williams, Cornist Park Primary School
"Rocket Fund was a great way to involve parents in raising much needed money for Computing resources."
- Ms. Willemse, Great Chart School
"It is an absolutely brilliant way to raise money for equipment that will make an invaluable contribution to your children's education!"
- Ms. Whelan, Ardleigh Green Junior School
"Easy to use, easy to work with and fabulous results. I have recommended to many of my friends and colleagues at other schools."
- Ms. Read, Waterfoot Primary School
"Fab idea that allowed us to get some much needed tech into school at no cost to ourselves. Had improved engagement and outcomes for children and also acted as a great way to engage parents in the campaign."
- Ms. Stawman, Courtwood School
"Easy and intuitive to use. The team behind Rocket Fund were excellent with communication and help, if needed. It's a great platform for schools to engage their local community and raise funds to buy products that they may not be able to otherwise."
- Mr. Ferry, St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School
"Such an easy way for our small village school to raise much needed funds for technology resources. Nothing can be simpler than sharing via social media, and donating at the click of a button."
- Ms. N, Innellan Primary School
"Rocket Fund was a great experience from the very start for me and the children in the class. Staff at Rocket Fund were helpful and encouraging, offering advice and ideas to improve our application. It is something I would do again as we now have technology that otherwise we wouldn't have!"
- Ms. Anderson, Dunblane Primary School
"The team at Rocket Fund are by your side throughout the process of application and fundraising. I felt very much supported by the ease and clarity with which my questions were answered and the great dashboard that is created to support your scheme. The spheros are such an important part of the coding experience but we would never have been able to buy any of our own without Rocket Fund. Great work, guys!"
- Ms. Seddon, Prescot Primary School
Who we are
Rocket Fund has been created by Nesta, the innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. We are a UK charity but work all over the world.
To enhance education for all.
Ben Gill - Launch Pilot: Steering the ship towards the stars
Cleo Fatoorehchi - Operations Commander: Supporting teachers & suppliers through the process
Karmel Edmond - Communications Commander: Creating & sharing Rocket Fund stories
Joysy John - Programme Commander: Making sure we stay on the right flight path
Oliver Beach - Chief Advisor: Former teacher & documentary star
BEIS - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, kindly supported the experimental development phase of this project
Donors Choose - US charity & original inspiration for this project, have been incredibly open and helpful
EdSpace - a great community of education focused entrepreneurs, that have supported us throughout
NFER - National Foundation for Educational Research, kindly seed funded this project