Fuelling imagination in the classroom
Rocket Fund is a crowdfunding platform designed to help schools try the latest technology.
So far we have helped 200 schools raise £185,000.
To enhance education for all, by enabling all students to access technology and finding out what works.
What we do
Rocket Fund empowers teachers to buy the latest technology, by raising money from businesses and their community. We provide support through the whole process, from pitch creation, to fundraising, to sourcing the best suppliers for teachers to buy from when they hit their target.
How it works for Teachers
- You create a pitch describing what technology you want to buy for your class
- You share it with your contacts and community
- People donate
- You hit your target (woohoo!) we collect the donations and send the money directly to your school
- You send thanks to donors and review the products to help other teachers in the future
Is there any tech you’d like to buy?
Great! Start creating a project here. We'll support you through the process.
How it works for Donors
To ensure integrity, we're there through every step of the process. We vet all projects, collect all donations and send money directly to verified schools.
- You find a project you want to support: Find a project that inspires you and give as little as £1
- School's purchase the items: When a project is funded, we send the money directly to the school so they can buy what they wanted.
- Teachers thank you: Teachers & students send you thanks and an update on the impact you've had
Rocket Fund has been created by Nesta. Nesta is an innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. We are a UK charity but work all over the world.
Ben Gill - Launch Pilot: Steering the ship towards the stars
Emma Sutherland - Operations Commander: Supporting teachers through the process
Michaela Latham - Partnerships Commander: Building relationships on the ground
Amy Solder - Programme Manager: Making sure stuff gets done
Oliver Beach - Chief Advisor: Former teacher & documentary star
BEIS - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, kindly supported the experimental development phase of this project
Donors Choose - US charity & original inspiration for this project, have been incredibly open and helpful
EdSpace - a great community of education focused entrepreneurs, that have supported us throughout
Emerge - brilliant educational venture fund based in London, have provided invaluable guidance
NFER - National Foundation for Educational Research, kindly seed funded this project