% of students on pupil premium at our school: 6%
Number of students this will benefit: 60 this year (and a new cohort of 60 children every September)
Age of students: 4 and 5 year olds
We are raising to fund 4 iPads in our Early Years setting to enhance the children's learning and understanding of technology.
Our project is to develop and embed the use of iPads to extend the pupil's learning within the EYFS curriculum. Currently pupils don't have any access to any device like many of their counterparts in other schools - they are desperate to take their learning to another level and explore and develop a new skills set
Our pupils love learning at St. Thomas' and we all look for ways to make S=P+A+C+E for our learning, S uccess = P erseverance + A positive can-do attitude + C onfidence + E ffort. We have 60 pupils in EYFS who are eager to use iPads to document their learning through photographs, making pictures, typing notes and using different apps. The pupils who would be using these iPads are four and five years old.
The impact of these iPads would be:
- Pupils will be engaged in their learning and can take ownership of it;
- Pupils will have a greater understanding of the key vocabulary or concepts for a topic or theme and develop their own language;
- Pupils will be encouraged to be more independent in their learning.
Where your donation goes
This is what the funded money will buy...
- 4 x iPad 32GB Wifi @ £304.20 each http://www.jigsaw24.com/education-apple-ipad-32gb-wifi---space-grey//-/fcp-product/34704
- 4 x iPad Cases @ £21.99 each https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPCASE-Unicorn-Full-body-Protective-Protector/dp/B06XWXTBFJ/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1496236335&sr=8-17&keywords=ipad+9.7+case
- Delivery charges: £0
- Credit card fees (2%): £27 (to cover the fees charged by the payment provider)
- Grand Total = £1331
In addition, if we are successful in funding this project the school will add further money to buy a charging and storage station for safe keeping and the additional 4 cases to protect the iPads.
Please help us reach our target!
Thank you for any kind donations you make towards our exciting project. Please share this project with anyone else you think would like to support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone - spread the word. Please help support us and help make a difference to our students.