Number of students that will benefit: 300
Age of students: 5 - 11
Percentage eligible for free school meals: 51%
We are a two form entry primary school – near Stockwell Tube Station - in the deprived area of Lambeth.
What do we want?
We want to purchase a number of resources (7) to set up and develop our Computing curriculum so that it is in line with the current curriculum and allows us to develop cross-curricular links with Science and Maths, making our learning more exciting and challenging.
Who is this for?
This is for all pupils from EYFS to KS2. In EYFS, pupils will use Code-a-pillar and Easi Cars to begin exploring cause and effect, to KS2 where pupils can explore the forces in science using technology with the Lego We Do 2.0 kit.
Why do we want it?
We believe that learning should be purposeful, exciting and challenging and we aim to achieve this through a curriculum which is broad, balanced and relevant. To achieve this we need to improve our resources to enhance our curriculum.
Coding is slowly becoming a bigger part of our everyday life. By introducing our pupils into the world of Computing, Science and Maths, we can prepare them for the journey to become the next generation of engineers or scientists.
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
- 1 x WeDo 2.0 - 8 students @ £581.76 https://www.tts-group.co.uk/lego-education-wedo-2.0-class-pack-bundle/1011646.html
- 1 x Rechargeable Remote Control Easi-Cars @ £155.94 https://www.tts-group.co.uk/rechargeable-remote-control-easi-cars-4pk/1004979.html?cgid=Early_Years%3AOutdoor%3AOutdoor_ICT
- 1 x Rugged Racers Remote Control Cars @ £155.94 https://www.tts-group.co.uk/rugged-racers-remote-control-cars/1006583.html?cgid=Early_Years%3AOutdoor%3AOutdoor_ICT
- 2 x Think and Learn Code-a-Pillar @ £43.98 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-DKT39-Think-Learn-Pillar/dp/B01ASVD2L4/ref=sr_1_1/260-6656316-5276607?ie=UTF8&qid=1542808882&sr=8-1&keywords=code+a+pillar
- 2 x A5 Bee-Bot® Sequence Cards @ £14.39 https://www.tts-group.co.uk/a5-bee-bot-sequence-cards/1001029.html
Total = £1,010.38 (incl VAT & delivery)
If we're fortunate enough to raise more than our target, then we would also like to purchase some exciting Blue-Bots @ £491.64 and a Blue-Bot Programming TacTile Reader @ £179.88
HELP US REACH OUR TARGET!
Please do donate, but if you can't donate right now you can help us in other ways! Share this project with anyone you think would support us. Share the link at the top of the page on Twitter, Facebook, email, your website, blog, mention us in a phone call or even just a chat with a friend! Please support us and help make a difference to our pupils.