Number of students that will benefit: <250
Age of students: 11-16
Percentage eligible for free school meals: 15.8%
At Duncanrig Secondary School we strive to provide a safe and secure learning environment that gives all young people an equal opportunity to fulfil their potential and prepare them for life after school.
What do we want?
We want to purchase Music Technology software and recording equipment so that our pupils can develop skills in sound engineering, communication, team-working, research/critical thinking, creativity/problem solving, organisational/time management and commercial awareness.
Who is this for?
This software will be mainly used by S1-3 classes (Year 7 to Year 9) but pupils can also use it for work towards National Qualifications at National 5 and Higher level.
Why do we want it?
This will allow all of our pupils to experience the wonders of Music Technology in the music classroom.
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
- 25 x Mixcraft 8 software packs @ £30 https://www.counterpointdirect.co.uk/Acoustica-Mixcraft-s/458.htm
- 2 x Focusrite Scarlett audio interface @ £109 https://www.amazon.co.uk/scarlett-2i2/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ascarlett%202i2
- 2 x pop shields @ £7.49 https://www.gear4music.com/Microphones/Pop-Shields.html
- 2 x essentials microphone stand @ £19.99 https://www.dawsons.co.uk/essentials-microphone-stand?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=All%20Products%20-%20Catch%20All%20(search%20%7C%20all%20devices)&utm_term=4582008550488951&utm_content=All%20Products
- 2 x Shure SM57 microphone @ £90 http://www.mveducation.com/invt/13247/
- 2 x XLR cables @ £9.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=xlr+cable&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=80126942296521&hvqmt=p&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1pppyfl2yq_p
Total = £1,223 (incl VAT & delivery)
If we raise more money, we would like to buy more audio interfaces, microphones, mic stands, popshields and leads. At the moment we have only bid for one per classroom.
HELP US REACH OUR TARGET!
Please do donate, but if you can't donate right now you can help us in other ways! Share this project with anyone you think would support us. Share the link at the top of the page on Twitter, Facebook, email, your website, blog, mention us in a phone call or even just a chat over the fence! Please support us and help make a difference to our students.