Number of students that will benefit: 349
Age of students: 4-11
Percentage eligible for free school meals: 5.2%
At James Oglethorpe Primary School we strive to provide a world class education for our pupils, which we believe all children so rightly deserve. We pride ourselves on providing an enriching, stimulating curriculum in subjects such as English, Maths and Science. However, due to an extremely limited budget, we do not have the financial resources to provide the technology our pupils need and deserve to access an outstanding computing curriculum. We are trying to raise £1500 towards the purchase of ipads, storage cases and a charging unit.
To help achieve our goal, our teachers and students will be taking part in a sponsored bounce team assault course. We will be challenging each team of pupils to see how many times they can complete the assault course of 4 bouncy castle obstacles in a given time.
WHY WOULD IPADS MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
We believe ipads would be the best resource for our children as they are portable and allow access to a variety of different apps and computing opportunities, such as coding, app design, email, blogging, word processing and much more! They engage our pupils and inspire them to be creative and apply their new computing skills across the curriculum, such as creating animations of famous figures in History lessons and time lapse videos of Science experiments.
More iPads, to add to the ten we currently have, would allow teachers to:
- Plan learning opportunities, which will engage and motivate some of our most reluctant learners
- Differentiate lessons to support pupils with special needs who may not be able to record their learning in the traditional way
- Share live student work in the classroom through display apps- looking at work together and discussing it as a class
- Enable students to be independent and have more choice over how they capture and record their learning in lessons
- Prepare pupils for the demands of computing at secondary school and to access the digital world we now live in
Our vision is to have 60 ipads across the school.
You can read more about our school on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/The-James-Oglethorpe-Primary-School-965510976798089/
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES:
- 5 X Apple ipad 32GB WiFi- Space grey @ £259.20 (inc VAT) https://www.jigsaw24.com/products/education-apple-ipad-32gb-wifi-mp2f2ed - Free delivery
- 5 X Survivor style case For NEW iPad 2017 @ £19.20 (Inc VAT) - Free delivery - bought from LEA ICT services.
Total = £1,436 (incl. VAT & Delivery)
Anything going beyond this total would go towards our future goal of purchasing more ipads, and a charging trolley to eventually have 60 across the school.
If we are lucky enough to raise more than our initial target, we would love to buy
Griffin Multi Dock - 10 Bay charging unit @ 627.35 (inc VAT) - Free delivery
HELP US REACH OUR TARGET!
Please do donate - every little helps! If you can't donate right now you can help us in other ways. Share this project with anyone you think would support us. Share the link at the top of the page on Twitter, Facebook, email, your website, blog, mention us in a phone call or even just a chat over the fence! Please support us and help make a difference to our students.