We are raising money to extend our Digital Maker resources by adding a class set of BBC Micro:Bits with compatible robotics and inventor kits. We would like to give the children of Northfield Junior School the opportunity to become digital maker experts and future inventors and innovators. We recognise that technology and innovation is moving really fast and we want to give our children the best possible chance of being a part of this exciting world of future opportunities.
Our students have a thirst for knowledge and have started their digital maker journey with a 3D printer project where the children showed amazing dedication and attitude to learning. They are keen to take their learning further.
The Digital Maker project will allow us to buy some amazing tech for our school. The BBC Micro:Bit is a mini computer that the children can code to do all sorts of amazing things such as making a plant watering alarm, a fitness tracker and a rocket car! In order for the children to take their Micro:Bit projects even further, the inventors kit will provide them with with tools and accessories to add lights, motors and sound to their projects and the Bit:Bot Robots integrate with the Micro:Bit to introduce the world of robotics to the children.
- After the amazing success of the 3D printing Innovation for Enterprise project, we are keen to keep up the thirst among the children to create amazing things using digital technology.
- This technology will bring new and exciting challenges to the classroom.
- We want to provide these opportunities to our children to give them a head start in the fast moving digital world and open up the future possibilities and opportunities.
Where your donation goes
Your donation will go towards the following:
- 20x BBC Micro:Bit starter kits @ £14.99 each inc VAT = £300
...and if we get further funding we aim to get:
- 20x Inventor's Kit for the BBC @ £25.00 each in VAT = £500
...and if we do really well...
- 15 x Bit:Bot Robot for BBC Micro:bit with Addressable LEDs @ £35.70 each inc VAT = £535.50
- 2 x AA Batteries Pack 40 @ £12.14 each in VAT = £24.29
- MAKEDO Construction Toolkit (Classroom Pack) @ £125 inc VAT
Credit card fees (2%): £30 (to cover the fees charged by the payment provider)
Grand Total = £1,515
Help us reach our target!
If everyone donates a little, we can do some really amazing things!
Don't worry if you cant give at this time, but if you could please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog. And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please support us and help make our Digital Maker project a reality!
Have you sponsored this project? If so, log in to comment on updates!
The project creator has not yet posted any updates yet.