UPDATE! Thanks to all your support, we have already raised over £1,500!
We have therefore decided to go for another 7 iPads and double our target to £3,324 - thanks again for your generosity, let's keep going!
Number of students that will benefit: 580
Age of students: 4-11
Percentage eligible for free school meals: 21%
We are a three form entry school in East Bristol who are committed to improving children's digital education. We have organised a special Hack Day organised for February 27th to raise money for some new computing equipment but we need your help!
What do we want?
We want to buy each class an iPad so that they can be used as a tool to improve your child's education. We want to teach them to use technology to make them more curious, more independent and digitally aware.
Why do we want it?
Having an iPad in each class will allow the children to take ownership of their learning. They will be used every day for things like:
- Finding answers to questions that arise in our Topic lessons;
- Practising our letter and number formation;
- Finding new words to make our writing better;
- Listening to audiobooks;
- Translating sentences into other languages for our children who are new to the country;
- Filming our PE lessons to see how we can improve our skills;
- Sharing the work that we are proud of.
The opportunities are truly endlesssssss!!
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
Ideally, we would like to buy each class an iPad. However, to start with, our fundraising target is only for 7 iPads. If we reach this, we will go on to reach the whole target of £5,408.20.
- 21 x Apple iPad 9.7-inch 2018 @ £237.40 https://www.jp-uk.co.uk/ipad-bundles-for-education/custom-bundle-builder.html?ipps=55309
- 21 x Tech Air TAXIPF041 Hard Case for iPad 2017 and iPad 2018 @ £19.90 https://www.jp-uk.co.uk/ipad-tablet-macbook-cases/tech-air-taxipf041-ipad-hardshell-black.html
Total = £5,408.20 (incl VAT & delivery)
First total = £1,662
Second total = £3,324 - thanks to your generosity, we are now going for another 7 iPads!
If we're fortunate enough to raise more than our target, then we would also like to update the hard drives on our laptops. This isn't as exciting as new iPads but it would make a huge difference to our very slow and old laptops.
HELP US REACH OUR TARGET!
As school funding gets squeezed tighter and tighter, new computers are difficult to fund in the traditional way so we have to get creative! To make things even more exciting, the school is going to match whatever is raised on the fundraising page.
We have calculated that with this additional funding from the school:
- If every family were able to donate £10, we would be able to buy every class an iPad.
- If every family were able to donate £5, we would be able to buy two iPads for each year group.
- If every family were able to donate £3, we would be able to buy an iPad for each year group.
We understand that this is a lot to ask but if we could club together to reach our target, it would have a huge impact on your children’s learning.
Please do donate, but if you can't donate right now you can help us in other ways! Share this project with anyone you think would support us. Share the link at the top of the page on Twitter, Facebook, email, your website, blog, mention us in a phone call or even just a chat over the fence! Please support us and help make a difference to our students.