Number of students that will benefit: 1200
Age of students: 11-16
Percentage eligible for free school meals: 3.6%
The Westgate School is Hampshire's first All Through School, based in Winchester.
Who is this for?
This is for our Upper School, Key Stages 3 & 4
Why would visualisers make a difference in the classroom?
A visualiser is essentially a camera which hooks up to the classroom PC and projector and can stream anything to our whiteboard screens.
Why do we want it?
Visualisers have been used to great effect in our Lower School (EYFS, & Key Stages 1 & 2) since its inception in 2014. We have seen enormous potential in this and now wish to roll out across our Upper School classes. Visualisers enable us to share work in a live environment by allowing teachers to:
- project all kinds of text easily across all subjects - a page of an essay, a picture from a book
- zoom in to key paragraphs, sentences and words from a text.
- share 'live' student written work in the classroom - looking at writing together and talking about ways to improve it.
- celebrate and highlight students' achievements in the lesson by sharing their work with the whole class.
- demonstrate practical sessions within music - allowing all students to clearly see hands on a keyboard
- engage students in the classroom
- capture and record learning, allowing students to have access to it in their independent learning time
- reduce the amount of photocopying!
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
- 3 x Visualiser @ £428.24 including VAT https://www.epson.co.uk/products/visualiser/elpdc13
Total = £1284.72 (incl VAT* & delivery)
If we're fortunate enough to raise more than our target, then we would like to buy additional visualisers! This is just the beginning!!
HELP US REACH OUR TARGET!
Due to increasing pressure on budgets, we are unable to access this equipment without your help! Please do donate if you are able, but if you can't donate right now you can help us in other ways! Share this project with anyone you think would support us. Share the link at the top of the page on Twitter, Facebook, email, your website, blog, mention us in a phone call or even just a chat over the fence! Please support us and help make a difference to our students.